Two Decades of Digital Transformation
It all began about twenty years ago when our founder first began working with a traditionally-focused consulting firm. The company invested heavily in R&D for clients and was building huge, well-designed client results decks. And it could take 6 – 8 weeks for these to be produced. Leveraging new technology, a custom app, and reworking of some processes, and he was able to reduce production time to 2 – 3 days.
Fast-forward some twenty years later, and we’re still at. Businesses are transforming faster than ever and no one is safe. From well-known stories like Netflix vs Best Buy to the regional pipe manufacturer down the road, business are being disrupted by companies that are bringing digital solutions at a rapid pace.
Maybe it’s a business process. Or a sales enablement tool. Or a new way to service customers. Whatever you’re looking to improve, there’s an opportunity to launch a digital initiative, and your digital strategy is arguably the most important aspect. Consider these questions:
- Who are we doing this for?
- Why are we doing it?
- What is the “job” our customers are hiring this new digital solution to do?
- Are we positioned strategically to win?
- What stands in our way?
- How do we make this a success?
The answers to these questions can determine whether you create a digital strategy that succeeds—or fails.
Digital Strategy in Play
There are really two main areas that existing companies are looking to develop a digital strategy around:
- Digitizing existing products or services, and developing the business, service and profit models that support them
- Developing a truly innovative digital strategy to explore new and novel products, services and methods of delivery
Having supported hundreds of small- and mid-sized businesses in developing digital strategies of all sizes—including positioning 7 companies for nearly $200M in acquisitions, the team at MESH is uniquely poised to help you determine what type of digital strategy you need, how to develop your strategy and drive the entire process. Driven by the findings and teachings presented by Harvard Business School, our approach covers the following:
- Discovering and building around the Job to be Done
- Delivering the right solution and experiences to your customers
- Ensuring the business is integrated and positioned to service customers
- Developing a purpose-built brand to consumers
By following this proven methodology, we are able to help clients discover and deliver their digital strategy faster, with more likelihood of avoiding common pitfalls. For more information on our unique approach to digital strategy, contact us today.