An Australian-based technology startup with a focus in developing and manufacturing digital over-the-ear and in-the-ear headsets for use with two-way radio and Bluetooth communication devices was facing a dramatic shift in the way it brought products to market in the US. Historically, the company had grown through direct sales, and had recently made the strategic decision to move to a distributor model.
This presented the organization with a number of challenges. These included:
- Limited content focused on distributors
- Limited SEO-friendly content (2 – 3 years of generic 500 word blog posts) that didn’t help organic lead generation
- Disconnection between marketing and sales
- Content/channel misalignment
- No lead generation process
- No documented content strategy
- No competitive positioning
While the company’s product was more advanced and exclusive than many competitors, lack of connecting products benefits and features to customer’s specific needs prevented the company from capitalizing on it’s unique value proposition.