“Hey, what if…?”
…Is usually how this conversation starts. You’re sitting at home—or better—at work—and you think of the next brilliant app idea.
You’re no expert in app development, but you’ve vetted the idea, done your homework, and now you need someone to build it for you. And there are plenty of app development companies out there to help you out. But you have questions.
Important questions. Like:
- Will you point out and solve the gaps in my business idea so I don’t waste money building the wrong app?
- How long will this take?
- Are you going to off-short it?
- Will I own the code (and what does that mean)?
- Is this a good idea?
- Can I hire an intern in exchange for “the experience”?
- Will you work for free, and become an investor (BTW: the answer is almost always “no”)?
- Have you done this before?
- Is this iPhone only or Android too?
- How will you make sure people download and use my app?
- Will you test my app?
And the list goes on—these are just the app development questions we’ve heard in the last month. They’re important—especially the one about your business idea. Arguably the most important factor when engaging in an app development project, the question of “is this a sound business idea” can make the difference between a successful app, and, well… you get the idea.
And that’s one more way MESH is a little bit different from your typical agency.
App Development in Play
App development doesn’t have to be rocket science. But it sure can seem it. From business idea to app promotion, the entire process can be daunting—even for a seasoned professional. Frankly, most people looking to hire a team to build their app aren’t. Our process was built around understanding where you need help and applying the right resources at the right time to make sure your project is a success.
It begins with making sure that you truly have a digital strategy, and goes from there. An app without a strategy is a road trip with a blindfold on. It probably won’t go well. MESH’s app development process includes the following:
- Ideation (you want a build an app, but not sure what to build)
- Research and analysis
- Job to be done discovery
- Persona development
- Strategy and planning
- Specialty app functionality vendor selection
- Budgeting (extremely important)
- UX UI design
- iOS and Android app development
- Beta testing
- App launch
- App marketing plan and execution
From ideation to post-launch marketing execution, our customer-driven process covers some of the most important factors to an app development project’s success. For examples of work we’ve done, and to learn how we can help you with your next app, contact us today.